Spent 336 yuan last week to snag 10 years of Alibaba Cloud ECS

RT
First I spent 167.7 yuan to purchase a 5‑year term, then spent the same amount to renew for another 5 years, for a total of 10 years, costing less than 336 yuan.

Configuration:
2 vCPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) Platinum 8269CY CPU @ 2.50 GHz
512 MB DDR4
2 GB ESSD
200 M bandwidth; 20 GB domestic, 200 GB international free, the remaining traffic is charged per usage, about a few tenths of a yuan per GB.

Main purpose: run an FRP server domestically to bridge my home network, a KMS activation server, a personal navigation page, a fixed yellow page; it feels just right, the space and memory are just enough, and the domestic latency is really low, averaging only about 60 ms, which is great.

ECS instance

Activation order payment amount

Renewal order payment amount
![QQ_176355890917

7 Likes

It’s a bit suitable, but I wonder if the memory and disk are enough.

Somewhat interesting, does the international one have a chance?

Is such a small chicken meant to be used for hanging a probe?

If there’s really a need, how can I get it?

Sure, but it’s a choice.

The disk space issue is minor; if you run out, you can just pay to expand it. Adding +1 GB for 5 years seems to cost only about 16 yuan.

As for memory, with an Alpine system installed, having 512 MB + 256 MB swap, I feel that running some basic programs is definitely plenty. With such a small system, you can’t expect it to run very powerful software and databases.

It’s a great deal!

The main thing is that it’s stable!

But the traffic here in the country is a bit low.

Thank you OP, please post a tutorial. Love learning.

Unfortunately, I have 10 years of Tencent 200M now :xhj001:

Given my modest needs, 20 GB is definitely more than enough. I estimate I use less than 10 GB per month.
Even if I exceed it, I’m not worried; the overage is only ¥0.8 per GB.

I gave it a try—I don’t have any coupons. This is the lowest price for 5 years.

1 Like

This is fine, bring it?

I don’t have any coupons either.
This mainly involves creating custom Alibaba Cloud images to get such a low price.
Like this, if the ESSD is only 1 GB, the price is even lower.

Awesome, can do it

Intranet penetration isn’t very useful; can it be used to create a website, the kind that doesn’t require ICP filing?

Learned that you need to create your own image and then limit ESSD to 1GB or 2GB

Hehe, wait until I’m free, I’ll write a tutorial.

Domestically, you don’t want to think about not registering.\nYou can still make a website, but IP access doesn’t require registration. If you want to bind a domain name, registration is definitely needed.\nWith only 20G of traffic domestically, are you doing this just because you think you have too much money.

+1