I created a very lightweight desktop Docker image

Project address: runoneall/tiny-alpine-desktop: Tiny Alpine desktop

It combines the alpine system from kincsescsaba/remote-desktop-in-docker: Tiny Alpine desktop with “headless” VNC/RDP session and arm support, xrdp component, and icewm from docker_headless-vnc/Dockerfile.debian-icewm-vnc at master · alpyol/docker_headless-vnc, but all of them have removed the browser.

Release address: runoneall/tiny-alpine-desktop - Docker Image

The image size is only 150.4 MB, decompressed size is 601.7 MB, and you just need to set the password with -e USER_PASSWD=\u003cyour_password\u003e when starting, and port configuration is -p 3389:3389.


Side note: Google’s Firebase is quite handy. This project was done on Firebase, I recommend trying it out.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing

Can FireBase Studio run Docker??

I used to focus on dockerfile based on KaliLinux

I just had a bloated usage scenario, pre-installed Google Chrome, v2rayN, and various other software, with a full version of Kali desktop.

However, I stopped using it after my VPS expired.

1 Like

thank you for sharing,i’ll learn from it

Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Can’t you just write nix?

I use the webtop. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing

Looks good